Thank you for registering for the CREATE Spring 2021 panel and showcase today!
Please do not forget to log in at 10am-11:30 for our panel and the beginning of the showcase. Here is the zoom link:https://washington.zoom.us/j/95582727320
Please remember that you have to log in with the same email address you used to register for the event.
If you need to re-register, use this link:https://washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEof-uvrDwpGNR0GgVI8wlHZ0ZZJbyTT9ru
(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting)
At 10:00 | Just Sustainable Accessibility Research – Panel
At 11:00 | [All CREATE labs introduce their work in 90 second segments]
At 11:30 | Showcase Breakouts (3 breakouts, each with 17 minutes and 3 minutes in-between)
WE LIST BREAKOUT INFORMATION BELOW:
Please note that for the individual project breakout sessions (at 11:30, 11:50, 12:10) you will “choose your own adventure” by selecting the project breakout in which you want to participate. Use the link below to connect with the associated project. Here are the project presentations in no particular order:
- Title: Examining visual semantic understanding in blind and low-vision technology users. presenter: Venkatesh Potluri; Lab: Make4All; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98157254355 ; more info: five-minute talk video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYrKnTNIj4
- Title: “That’s Frustrating” – Stakeholder perceptions: provision processes, use, and future AFO needs for people with cerebral palsy. presenter: Nicole Zaino; Lab: Ability & Innovation Lab; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91338632044
- Title: “I can bonk people!”: Effects of Modified Ride On Cars On Communication and Socio-Emotional Development in Children with Disabilities. presenter: Becca Barchus and Chelsea Barroero; Lab: IMPACT Collaboratory; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91568068456 more info: Presentation video: https://youtu.be/QHlQ5FKgzOk
- Title: Reliability of Fitts’ Law. presenter: Ather Sharif; Lab: ACE Lab; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/94493923119 ;more info: Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV8Xs8WHVWY
- Title: BLOCKS4ALL. Presenter: Richard Ladner; Lab : Ladner ; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91267651711; more info: https://stemforall2018.videohall.com/presentations/1078
- Title: Assessing sidewalk accessibility automatically on small portable devices. presenter: Ricky Zhang Lab: Taskar Center for Accessible Technology; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/94988122706
- Title: Decoding Intent With Control Theory: Comparing Muscle Versus Manual Interface Performance. presenter: Momona Yamagami; Lab: Ability & Innovation Lab ; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/97292450172 ;more info: https://momona-yamagami.github.io/
- Title: Living Disability Theory: Reflections on Access, Research, and Design. presenter: Megan Hofmann; Lab: Make4All; ZOOM link: https://cmu.zoom.us/j/95079081965?pwd=TlMwQ3R1enBkNFJ5bGYyQlEzcTUrUT09
- Title: Unimpaired adults can reduce motor control complexity during walking using biofeedback. presenter: Alyssa Spomer; Lab: Ability & Innovation Lab; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/98725617150
- Title: Challenging Terrain: Community-Based Early Mobility Technology Research through the Lens of Critical Disability Theory. presenter: Heather Feldner; Lab: IMPACT Collaboratory; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91568068456 ;more info: Presentation Video: https://youtu.be/ciu69m2CGQ4
- Title: Gait Recovery in Adults with Cervical Spinal Cord Injury Receiving Transcutaneous Spinal Stimulation. presenter: Charlotte Caskey; Lab: Ability & Innovation Lab; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/97568900683
- Title: Ready, Set, Move! Tracking Children’s Modified Ride-On Car Use with a Custom Data Logger. presenter: Sarah Dean; Lab: IMPACT Collaboratory; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/91568068456; more info: Presentation video: https://youtu.be/RtZ0GZRsBbQ
- Title: Stitching Together the Experience of Disabled Knitters. presenter: Taylor Gotfrid; Lab: Make4All; ZOOM link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/8729835888 more info: Presentation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGKtA8YipI&t=5s
We look forward to seeing you today!